I hope this finds you well.
This week was full to say the least. Teaching went well. I had one of those moments where I asked myself if this was really what I wanted to do with the rest of my life as I'm sure you teachers out there can identify. :) All is well now and I am so happy that I am here and have the opportunity to teach even with all of the struggles.
We had two days of cooking class this week, which was a lot of fun. There are photos on the other two teachers computers, but not on mine. I'll try and get some more photos on here when I return. Maybe when I come home, I'll be able to cook some yummy Thai food for some of you. :)

Attempting to hit Ben with the spatula.
I am off this evening to Cambodia on my first visa run. I have to leave the country because I've been here nearly 90 days. Nathan, Ben and I are going to go exploring. I am really excited about this trip. It will include and overnight bus ride from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and then flying from Bangkok to Cambodia. It will be a nice break and hopefully we will come back with a refreshed enthusiasm for teaching. :) We will be taking off Labor Day because we'll be in Cambodia. We however will get and entire week off. If only America did the same thing. :)
Have a safe long weekend. Keep us in your prayers for traveling safety.
Lots of Love,
Lainy
1 comment:
hey there to my sis on the other side of the world. i'm getting adjusted to the marseille or french way of life and believe me, it's much slower (and a bit annoying) than i'm used to but i guess i'll manage. :) it's been rather busy or eventful ever since i've arrived and it doesn't seem like it'll slow down for quite some time but it'll all work out. hope all is well in your neck of the world with all the turmoil going on over there but remember to take some awesome pics of cambodia alright. ciao!
josef
Post a Comment