Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Long Awaited Blog

Hey Ya'll! 

So I promised a blog and am finally writing one. I've been asked for updates on my leg. I am doing much, much better. Praise be to God. The swelling has started to go down, but it's still more swollen than I would like. I'm going to try and get an appointment on Sunday to see what the doctor says and get x-rays to make sure everything is healing well. I have finally downloaded the picture of my leg right after the staples were taken out. It looks much better than this now. 




Leg right after the staples had been removed.

The Feast of Tabernacles was in the middle of our break from school. We had some really, really good sermons and a time of being uplifted as well as great fellowship making new friends and hanging out with some old ones. The following pictures are from the Feast of Tabernacles. (Most from David Beattie's camera.)


Erika and I deciding what we should eat for dinner when we were out to dinner with the teachers, their parents and David.



Hanging out and talking after bowling.



I was the photographer during bowling... so sad! 



My pitiful sad face with my leg propped up.


I made friends with a monkey at the monkey farm.



The whole group at the Feast minus a few who had already left.
Notice there are two gimps-- one on each side. 



Erika and my room right next to Nathan and Ben's room. They must have decided to keep the trouble makers together. We were the only true Thais there... we left our shoes outside like you're supposed to. I think the maids got a kick out of it. 
Side note: I am getting really good at hobbling and kicking off my flip flop and putting it back on. It takes some serious skills.



Saying good bye to David

To show the improvement of my leg... I put two photos side by side. One is from about 3 1/2 weeks ago and one taken today. It looks tons better, if I do say so myself. I've been putting vitamin E and other oils on it just to let those of you know who were wondering an have been asking.


       

And yet another one...



Let's see other news in my life includes the second semester of school starting. We had our first two days of classes in our second semester. They went well. One of my first year students was proud of me because I was teaching even though I am hurt. It was very cute the way he said it. After that class, I got stranded in the school because the flood gates decided to open. Just FYI crutches and water do not mix very well together. So I taught my other class early and hung out for another half an hour talking with students to wait out the water. 

I think that's all that's happening here in good ol' Mae Sa Luag. 

As always I miss you all dearly and really, really appreciate your continued prayers and support while I'm here.

Lots of Love,
Lainy

5 comments:

Leslie Schwartz said...

Thanks for the update my dear! It looks like you had a great Feast and are healing up well :) Consider yourself triple hugged!

Anonymous said...

man, your leg is looking a ton better in those latest pics so that's great! you should be up and running again in full in a short while then right. i didn't know david joined you for the Feast, that's awesome haha; hope he took full advantage of the wonderful (and spicy) thai food out there!

josef

Anonymous said...

Hello Lady,

We really enjoyed meeting you at the Feast.

We have been back for a week now, and are still suffering from the jet lag. It must be from getting old. :(.

I finally took the time tonight to hunt down your blog. I have read every word.

I do believe that you are doing a better job of it than Nathan.

Hope you have a good sabbath.

I have lots of pictures of you and everybody else from the Feast. Send me your email address, and I will send you the links. Nathan can tell you the address.

Love to you all,


Anthony and Pam Kimmons

Lauren said...

Yay! Elainea's back! I've been wondering where you disappeared to...And Yay for your healing leg! It looks much better!

Drew said...

wow, your leg looks SOOOO much better!! I glad you are recovering well!!!

Love,
Andrea

Site Meter