Thursday, November 6, 2008

On The Road Again... I mean... In The Air Again...

Greetings!

This is just going to be a short and sweet blog to let you know that I am heading to Singapore and Malaysia for about six days. It's time for another Visa Run. The four of us (Erika, Nathan, Ben and I) are really, really excited. We just started our semester, but it's really time for a break. :) I am excited to get to explore two new countries! Two countries in one week seems kind of crazy, but throw crutches in the mix, I'm sure it will be interesting. I am getting around really well and am able to put some weight on my foot. So I should be fine. I am also traveling with pretty great people who'll look after me. So no worries!

The swelling is going down on my leg and looks a lot better. Please keep the prayers coming though because the swelling isn't completely gone. When I get back from our trip, I have a doctor's appointment on the following Sunday. I will get x-rays and hopefully all is well. I am amazed at the healing process and I know it's because of all of the prayers.

Another thing I would like you to pray about is next year. I'm praying about coming back to Legacy and teaching for another year. I have completely made up my mind and have been praying about it for a while. I would really love your prayers while I'm making this decision. Aj. Leon asked me today and we are going to talk when I get back from my trip so this gives me about a week longer to ponder it. 

Aj. Leon is back. He's still on the road to recovery, but he can walk a whole lot better than I can at this point! It's really amazing to see God's healing power and know that He answers prayers. Maybe this isn't always in the way that we think the prayers should be answered or on our time schedule, but it's in His timing. God is good. 

I only have one photo for you this week... 





Sleeping... so I don't remember what day this was, but I was extremely tired before one of my classes and I had about thirty minutes. It was enough time for a nap prior to class. However, there was not time enough to go back to my apartment, take a nap and be back on time for class. So I did what any recent college grad (at least from PLNU) would have done, I pulled two chairs together and pretended that I was in the Ryan Library and went off to dreamland. Well, I wasn't as smart as I used to be about it. I didn't set an alarm on my phone, but there is enough noise in the house to wake me up anyway. Well, while I was in dreamland, Mr. Nathan decided to take a photo. (Lucky for yall!) I woke up about 5 minutes before class just in time to stagger out to class. Good Times, Good Times! 

Alrighty, I think that's all for now. I hope you are all doing well. Have a good 3 day weekend!! 

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Thailand!!

-Lainy  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two countries in one week? We do Mexicali and Calexico in one day...ha ha. We miss you. Thank you so much for your updates. We look forward to them. We are praying for you and can't wait to see you again when you get back. Love the nap pic.

Love,
Angela

Unknown said...

Wow! No leg wrap--and from the profile, in a small picture, your legs look completely normal. :) The speed at which you're healing (with God's help) really is amazing. :-D

Well, have fun on your trip. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

awww, that's so sweet. like a big baby in a crib lol. glad to read that both you and AJ are recovering in these trying times. have fun on the roadtrip; i know i did last time i had one!

joejoe

Leslie Schwartz said...

I love the napping photo :) Very nice! I am excited that you're thinking about staying and teaching longer cause it's the perfect time in your life to do that - although we certainly miss you here, too! Will you be coming back to the states at all soon?

Much Midwest love!

Robyn said...

Love the library reference! You guys (students) love sleeping in the library. I don't know if you heard, but there's finally AC in the library, so the sleeping lounge, while still warm, is a bit cooler.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady,

Hope Ya'll enjoy the Visa run.

Be sure to tell the Josephs we said hello.

Also, please give our boy a big hug from his Mom and Dad.

Take care.

Anthony and Pam

Anonymous said...

It's great to get your posts, and especially encouraging to hear how well your leg is healing. Have a good visa run!

Site Meter