Monday, February 16, 2009

Phew!

Phew! Wow! This has already been a crazy week and yet it has just begun! Yesterday was a very productive day. I got all of my finals finished for which I'm sure my students are grateful. :) Maybe? Today was the first day of finals week. I feel like I'm back in college doing a million things a minute! I am just now getting a chance to sit down and breathe. Take that back... I found time to walk after classes, but before dinner. It was much needed to clear the mind. 

Anyway, today was the first day of my students teaching and they did very well. Of course, there are always things to work on, but I am impressed. They are teaching in the fourth and seventh grades. The 4th grade seems to be a good grade. Oh I miss the little ones! :) I realized that a couple of times today. The seventh grade... well, let's just say it's not so endearing. Today's class I realized they are still disrespectful! I had an epiphany from it though. Are you ready? Teaching in Thailand is organized CHAOS! Okay, a bit harsh I know, but at least in that 7th grade class that's the way I feel and I wasn't even teaching. I saw at least 5  different students hit each other! I just had to shake my head.  

On a happier note, Ah Moon is home! YAY! I've not seen her, but everyone is VERY, very HAPPY! She came home on Sunday. She still has MRSA on the bone, but she is taking medicine, which hopefully and please pray that it will go away and she will have 100% recovery! God is so good and still does heal and do miracles. It's amazing!

Another cute story from today... In preparation for my students teaching tomorrow, I was teaching one of them the "If You're Happy and You Know It" song. It was so much fun. Norah and her two girls were there and they were singing. I was making funny faces at them while I was singing and the girls would just laugh! They thought I was so funny. :) It was cute and fun. It made me miss my nieces and nephews as well as teaching little ones. Even though, I miss teaching little ones, I am blessed and thankful for teaching the students I have and absolutely love it! I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel like I'm right where I am supposed to be right now. I know one day, I teach elementary school again and I'll love it too. 

Okay, I need to clear the head and get some sleep. I have Bible class early tomorrow morning and another full day ahead of me. 

Hugs and Love,
Lainy J.

No comments:

Site Meter