Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Elections in Mae Sa Luang

Hey Everyone!!

This is way later in the week than I normally post. We were disconnected from the internet for the Friday-Monday. We didn't know what to do with ourselves! Haha! Disconnected from the outside world was rough, but all is well now. We're back online. So for those of you who were wondering. I didn't fall off the face of the earth. :) Internet not working... not a big surprise. It's Thailand. It goes in and out, but then again that happens in the States too. Since it's our connection to most of the outside world, I think it affects us a little differently over here. No worries though, we had entertainment. It was election weekend in Mae Sa Luang. I know little bits of how elections take place and whatnot. I'm going to find out more partly for a school assignment and I want to know because the noise seriously drove us nuts. Good times for sure. Like I said in my last post, there is at least one good reason to have televisions. :) I want to share the joy that we heard multiple times a day. It's just incredibly moving and I think you'll enjoy it.


Complements of Erika because she knew I wanted a video. It shows the truck driving by our fence.


This one doesn't have a picture basically because I didn't want to run and chase down the truck. :) But it has the lovely noise. I encourage you to listen to the whole thing. If you really want a test of what it's like here, 1. Turn your speakers up as loud as they will go. 2. Play it multiple times... 3, 4, 5... you might get a good idea of what it's like when they park outside you gate. :)

Well, that's all for now. Last week went well. We had a quiet weekend. Most of our students went home to vote in their villages. The students didn't know the word vote. They would look at us make and X in the air with their fingers as they would say, "You know, shoom shoom." We laugh a lot here! :)

We are staying quite busy trying to get the semester wrapped up. I'm trying to get my homework for school done too. It all keeps me on my toes. Please continue to keep all us in your prayers.

Hope all is well with all of you!! Take Care!!

Much Love and Hugs,
Lainy J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh man! without the interweb, you're stranded in the jungle out there haha. too bad i don't have speakers on my work computer or else my coworkers would suffer as much as you did lol. stay on your toes missy, keeps you nimble. :)

mufasa (joe with crazy fro hair)

Site Meter