It seems as though I have not written in forever and I have a lot of catching up to do in the blogging world.
Our trip to Paradise AKA Krabi began from good ol' Chiang Mai on a 9 hour or so bus ride to Bangkok. (My not so favorite city!) We had to kill time until the next leg of our journey could begin.
Here are some photos from our excursions in the city.
We wanted to go see the floating market. The tuk tuk driver took us to a dock, but no floating market in sight. However there was an ever so helpful lady who told us we needed to take one her boats to see this floating market. It was more than any of us really wanted to pay, but sure why not if we get to see the market.
Well, here is the floating market...
Not really what I was expecting! Apparently the floating market is only on the weekends. Haha! Lesson learned: A taxi or tuk tuk driver will tell you almost anything to get a fare. It was however a cool little boat trip and it was better than sitting in another tuk tuk or taxi.
This is a cool bridge in Bangkok. Andrew Beattie, I thought you might like this.
For those of you who have not been to Bangkok, I guess the closest thing I can think to compare it to is Los Angeles. I'd rather be in LA though since it's closer to family and friends. :) When I think of Bangkok (BKK), I think of smog, malls, traffic and of course bus stations, train stations and airports. So I took a few photos to try and capture what BKK is to me. :)
We caught our last tuk tuk of the evening back to the train station. After Nathan negotiated, the driver said he would take us on one condition, "No farting!" Haha! Luke, somehow I think he might be your brother from another mother. Haha!
This is Tara a friend of Nathan's from Mississippi.
Now on the train... off to Krabi!
Sleeping or attempting it! :)
Reading and giggling. I think Tara and Nathan loved us for all the giggling. No sleep= me giggling more!
One more bus until we get there!
Silly Tara!
Erika is ready to be done with the buses!
Sleep, oh sleep where art thou??
After 20 hours or so of traveling plus the day in BKK, we have arrived to Beautiful Krabi AKA paradise!
I was so happy to be in the sun, in a hammock, and listening to the ocean, which I miss dearly! I think this was before the sunburn even with sunblock.
Such a pretty view!
We headed out to Raleigh for the day. The next two were from the boat on the way there.
Taking it all in... Perhaps planning to take over the world... Or ready to go climbing!
Krabi is known for climbing... so that's what Nathan and I did. :)
The views were so pretty overlooking the water.
Kuhn Natan scaling up the rock. This was his first time climbing on real rocks.
After we were finished climbing, we met up with the girls and went swimming in some beautiful, warm water.
Sunset
Taken by Nathan
Our boat back to Krabi
Back at our guest house, I took a few more photos...
A few feet away...
I was attempting to use the panorama setting. It almost worked. haha!
That was our last night in Krabi. It was now time to make the journey back. There was a van in which Erika and I had to make sure the bags behind us didn't decapitate us, me being sick from MSG in some snacks from the gas station, and having some money stolen. :( The trip back wasn't as uneventful as I would have liked, but getting back to Chiang Mai for a few hours was nice! :)
The vacation was a needed getaway. I can't wait to back again. I think flying back might be in order rather than a van, 2 buses and a day in Bangkok.
Hope you enjoyed the photos. If any of you want to come visit, I would be more than happy to play tour guide on a trip down to the beaches. :)
Sending Love and Hugs,
Lainy J.
2 comments:
Looks like your vacation was perfect! Minus the whole lack of sleep thing. Glad you got to see the ocean again. Your pictures are so pretty! Love, Robyn
Does my heart good to see you rock climbing after watching you hobbling around on crutches for so long...
Post a Comment