Sunday, December 20, 2009

Around the Village

Hey, Hey!!!

Three posts in two days is pretty remarkable, if you ask me. This one is kind of random with photos that I've taken at the village community center. It has a path around it where I like to walk. It is across from the school. There's a clinic, a volley ball net (well, it used to be), a water purification contraption, a preschool and a petanque area. When I go walking, there is usually this cute little old lady who sweeps the leaves. We have moved on from simply smiling to wai-ing each other. I want a picture of her! I will have to stop walking and try to talk to her one of these days and take my camera with me.

So here are the pictures I did take. They are in no particular order just around the little area. I tried to get artsy with some of them.


There are some chillies growing. You can't see them too well, but I like the bamboo.


Another little fence with some vines.


An I was there picture! :)

More wood and greenery.



Dad, these are for you. It's some sort of water purification. The students don't know and my Thai isn't good enough yet to read the sign.

This is the back side.


Another fence. There are two dogs who live in this house. They don't bother me any more as they think I carry rocks with me. It's a good think they never test me because all I have in my fist is air.

Same fence from the other direction.


This vine is growing on a dead tree stump. It looks so cool when it's covered with the little white and yellow flowers.

Flowers :)


More in color




A little rustic shelter


I love this light. It's attached to this old tree. There are usually two birds that sit on the top of it.


One more gate to finish these photos with.

The next two pictures I find absolutely hilarious. In Thailand as most of you know the weather isn't terribly cold. Though sometimes I feel like I'm freezing. For the most part it's fairly warm. This year is warmer than last year. Anyway, Thai people are afraid their dogs will get cold so they put shirts on them. As if this isn't funny enough already, there was one dog who had socks on!!! Really?!?! Socks! Don't believe me... take a look.

I would like to introduce you to Murphy the sock wearing pooch. (I named him Murphy. He's always around the community center and if I'm going to take the poor thing's photo, I thought I'd name him. :))
Murphy!


And his buddy, "Shaggy" who I named as well. :)

Poor little guys. I walked by one day and they were trying to chew off the shirts. I just had to laugh!

That's all for now. I hope you enjoyed my random photos from around the village. This is probably the last time I'll post before our trip to the beach, which I'm sooo looking forward to. Between now and then, I'll be doing homework. In fact, I may not post until after the new year. If that's the case, I hope you all have a wonderful rest of 2009! Take Care!

Much Love and Hugs,
Lainy J.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those village shots were well-done, and i feel for those dogs and can only imagine them biting away at their clothes restlessly hahaha, poor dogs. also, your students are very resourceful with what little they have to work with compared to us, especially with the case with atiwat and his homemade drum set, very nice! enjoy the beach weather, wish i was and dreaming of the day i'll be surfing those san diego waves in the coming future!

josef

michal.lisa said...

Hey girlie!
I haven't kept up with your blog for the longest time, so tonight I sat down & read everything since July! hehe, all caught up now! :-) I'm really happy to see how well things are going for you, and will pray that they continue so. I love your ever-positive attitude, and am inspired by your posts.
Hugs! ~ML~

Site Meter