Here at Legacy we are beginning every students' favorite time of the year- finals. Okay, I'm being sarcastic, but I do know it's their favorite because they get to finish soon. :) I'm right there with them. I know I said this last year, but it is still weird being on the side of the desk that hands out the exams, quizzes, assignments and grades. It is especially weird being back in school and teaching at the same time.
The buzz of graduation preparations are exciting. When someone completes the full three years at Legacy, it's very exciting for everyone involved. Our students hopefully not only leave with a good grasp of the English language, but also knowing what a leader is, what that looks like and of course knowledge of the Bible and what living a life following Christ look like. We have hopes and aspirations for all of our students to complete their time at Legacy and leave better, enriched individuals. It is always encouraging to hear that graduates are doing something that uses their gifts and talents.
Last year we had seven graduates, which I had the pleasure of teaching the majority of their classes. We have heard back and even seen some of them this year, which is always nice.
Norah with her 2 girls 4th of July 2008
Hkawn Din and me at a Legacy football game last year 2009
Hkawn Din is working helping care for elderly people. She has aspirations to continue her education and obtain a Master's degree.
Seng Mai and me on the 4th of July 2008
Buut: He is doing what he loves-- working on computers. When he was here at Legacy, he loved computers so it is not a surprise that's what he is doing.
Jaseefu: He went back home to his village after graduating. He was working on many different jobs, but is now teaching children in his village. I hope I can go see him teaching at some point.
Beka: He is working with his family.
Jay: He is going to school to obtain his bachelors at a Thai college. He takes his studies very seriously and I'm sure it doing very well. He is studying education to become a teacher.
In my next blog, I'll put up pictures of our current students and graduation. It'll be small this year because we only have one graduate, but we are very exciting about what he will be doing!
The countdown for me coming home is at 8 weeks! :) See you all soon.
Lots of Love and Hugs,
Lainy J.
No comments:
Post a Comment