Saturday, July 10, 2010

Around the School

Hey, hey! 

Many of you have asked where I teach. So, I've decided to give you a tour of the Legacy School Compound in Mae Sa Luang, Thailand. 

This is the street outside the school. You may not believe it, but it is big enough for two cars side by side. Just barely, but they do with caution. 



This is the entrance to the compound and the King's flags flying.


The other end of the compound.





All the students' bikes and Erika's motorbike


The school


Photo Credit: Uaorawet
The main room Intro to Bible Class


Photo Credit: Brian Drawbaugh
The main room is also where we have services


Photo Credit: Brian Drawbaugh
Singing


The Computer Room
This is where I teach the majority of my classes, which means I get to teach barefoot. :-)
 A perk of teaching in Thailand in doors. 


My view when I'm teaching. 
There are normally 3 tables set up in here for students.


The library


Another view


The other wall.
This is Erika's baby as she LOVES books.


One of our keyboards, where you will typically find students


The stairs to the girls' rooms


The kitchen and crew getting ready for dinner


Dried fish... NOT my favorite, but the students love it! (thankfully!)


Some of our plants


Walking toward the teachers' house. 
The planter on the left is one of my favorite things when it's in bloom.


So pretty!


:)




The view of the school from the teachers' house


A "friend" I found... notice the quotations marks!


The boys' houses.

The teachers' house


The deck


Erika's little garden that's coming along
Side Note: A downfall of this garden is that it's in Thailand, which means it has snakes that I find! See that tire up against the tree? Well, one day when I was doing laundry. I saw something moving in it. What was it?!?! An ugly, green and orange snake. It tried to hop on the tree and failed. I laughed. Then it tried again and succeeded. At that point, I promptly shut the door as the thing slithered up the tree. GROSS!!! 


It even has a bamboo bench our students made


It's sooo COOL!


Let's take a trip inside the teachers' house


The living room


The other side


The "offices"
Those are Austin and Erika's desks


My desk


The dining room/ classroom when needed/ meeting room (our multipurpose room)


The bathroom


The kitchen


The sub kitchen that has the stove and where we do dishes


Storage room, which can be converted into a guest room. 
More affectionately known as the annex.


The bathroom and washing machine 
(Not quite like the USA's washing machines, but still great!)


My room


My best friend!


The other side of the room


My cupboard/ bookshelf
(The top shelf is Erika's school books.)


Closet/ storage room


Storage


My bathroom




Well, there ya have it... a tour of the Legacy Compound. This is where I spend most of my time while in Thailand. I'm still working on a tour of the farm.

-Lainy J.

2 comments:

The Golins said...

Looks like a nice place! Too bad you can't convey the humidity through pictures to really give us a taste of Thailand!

emspivey said...

For sure! The humidity, the cold showers and the hard mattresses... then you would really get a taste of Thailand. Maybe! :)

Site Meter