Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy July!

June 2010 is over and gone! It's hard to believe that we are already starting the month of July. This month has many things in store. I will be heading back to the States for school in less than 2 weeks and starting three new classes at APU. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you so soon after my last trip home. I don't know if I'm ready to start new classes yet or not. However, as the saying goes, "Ready or not, here I come!" (In my case, here they come.)

We are planning to have a shindig on the 4th of July. Yes, we have the 4th of July over here too! Legacy celebrates American Independence Day for the teachers' sake. The students don't mind either. We have  a little party at the farm with good American food, some music and of course fireworks. The fireworks here are way better than the ones at home being as California has so many rules for fireworks. Fireworks here actually scare me a little. Guess that's what I get for growing up in Cali.

The school year has started very well. Busy would be another good adjective to describe it. Second year English is reviewing the parts of speech in writing and reading skills within reading.  Third year has reviewed parts of speech, the twelve tenses and are now working on improving writing skills, reading and reading comprehension, Journalism is working on article writing skills, creativity and interview skills. First year Bible is finishing up with the books of the Bible. Second and Third year Discussion are in the beginning steps of forming a debate. Last, but not least in Health, I only have one student, but he is working on learning about general health and preventatives. The classes keep me on my toes and in turn I keep my students are their toes as well.

Rainy season seems to have started, which is really nice. Not for laundry, but for the weather. It makes it a bit cooler and more manageable. Although, I'm not so sure I like the mosquitos that come along with the rain. With the mosquitos comes chemicals that they have been spraying to kill them. I personally think the chemicals will probably kill us before the mosquitos will.

That's all that's going on around here besides the normal hustle and bustle of Legacy and Mae Sa Luang. The Town Crier still does his job quite well and we get lovely jazzercise music nearly every night. This is to ensure our village doesn't become too quiet. :-)

Hope all is well wherever you are!

Lots of Love and Hugs,
Lainy J.

No comments:

Site Meter