Translation or what I think it means... Week One finished! It's probably a little off, but it's close. :)
Not only has week one finished, week two is under way. Filled with questions like, "Ajan, why is there a present perfect tense?" "Why are there twelve tenses in English?" "Do we really have to write three pages in our journal this week?" and the list continues.
The first week was successful and fun. I am happy to be back teaching. At the beginning of the year, the students are always ready to learn and achieve everything! They are excited even about learning parts of speech. (Crazy? Maybe!) I hope the enthusiasm continues through the year.
It's fun getting to know the first year students and building better relationships with the second and third year students. It's interesting to see all of their personalities become more apparent the longer they are here and the more English they know. They go from being a sea of nameless people who are afraid to even sit next to a teacher to students with names, nick names, personalities, quirks and people you care very much about.
As much as I like my students and enjoy teaching them, I was ever so happy for Friday to arrive. But even happier for Friday to finish! It was a LONG, but good week.
This week I finished my classes for this past semester, which is very exciting! The final papers was a killers making me very thankful to have a couple week break before starting my new classes. I need to use this time to finish getting things figured out for teaching before I start on new classes. While starting new classes at the moment doesn't seem thrilling, it does mean I'll be home for a couple weeks, which makes me happy!
Sawadtee Jao!
-Lainy J.
No comments:
Post a Comment