Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Photos for Your Viewing Pleasure

Hey! 

Hi!

Hello!

How are you? 

How's it going?

Where are you from? 

How old are you? 

Above is a word picture of what you hear the first year students saying as they are trying to use their English. :) They are doing quite well. I wanted to give you a taste of what it would be like to be here. 

Don't worry I have some actual photographs too. :) 

I have made cinnamon rolls in Thailand previously. The first two times they were a great success! I had never made them before and wanted to try. A ton of work, but they were worth it. Well, I attempted again my second year and failed. That being the case, I tried again last year and still failed. They tasted alright, but I could have knocked someone out if I chucked it at them! That just wouldn't do and it bugged me. So, this year I decided I needed a NEW recipe. I went to my dear friend "Mr. Google" and found one. They turned out lovely. So, now I need to make them two more times to ensure they are in fact good. :) 


Arroy mak!!! Ow mai kha?

In Asia if you want to know if someone is in the house, you just have to go to the door. There shoes hold the answer. When you enter the house, you leave your shoes outside for various reasons. Our main reason outside of it being cultural, it keeps it cleaner longer. 


Outside the teachers' house. You wouldn't know there are only two of us! 


You know class is back in session... students' shoes. 

I would like to introduce you to some of those shoe owners.

These are some of the boys outside the boys' house doing homework at the table Japur/Uaorawet built. It is the new popular hang out at Legacy. 


All of the new students have two or more names. Some of them are funny, English names. It's hard to keep track of who everyone is talking about with the many names. 
First year students. Muhy and Ben 


First year students L-R Soda, Pim, Fah, Spy, and Second year student Ah Jar.


The next photo, you might find funny. However if you lived here, you would realize the vital role this member plays in our community.

It keeps us from melting. :)

The next few are from study hall tonight. It was great seeing the second year students taking the initiative to work with and help the first year students. I love it!












And the last photo I have for you is not my friend nor my prince. But I did not kiss him to find out either as some have suggested. This pesky thing tried to enter my room last night and I shrieked and Erika saved me. Then he showed up in the shower this morning and disappeared and found his way back in the bathroom tonight. As I said in a previous post, I'm thankful I was not an Egyptian facing the plague of frogs. 

 
Cute? I think NOT!!! 

Hope this finds you well. 

-Lainy J.

2 comments:

The Golins said...

1. I kinda wish my name was Soda. That would be cool.
2. Your frog is HUGE. You should keep him and start feeding him to see how big he can get.

Alli said...

Hi! Hello! How are you? I'm good!

I've decided that I'm giving myself a new name: Teapot

Your cinnamon roll looks scrumptious.

I've never seen a frog like that before! I have to admit, at first I thought it was a crab because the white underbelly blended in with the floor, and I thought, "Whoa! How'd a crab get into her shower?"

Miss you!

Love, Teapot

Site Meter