Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another Amazing Week

Happy Sabbath!!

Can you believe another week has flown by?!?! It's amazing how quickly time flies! I am still completely amazed by this fact!! I've been here about three weeks now. The second week of class went really well. I am loving all my classes now. Thank you to those of you who prayed for me and my Bible class. This week went a little better. I am hoping the class continues to get better with time. Prayers will still be greatly appreciated. This week I shall be adding a few more  classes to my schedule. I shall begin teaching 7th, 8th, and 9th grade conversational English and American culture (whatever that entails) at Mae Sa a local school. I'll be volunteering there to help out Legacy Institute. I think I'm looking forward to it. I'll let you know how that all works out in my next update.   

For ferang food this week, we went to Salsa! Yes, Mexican food. As much as I love Thai food, the Mexican food was pretty much amazing! It was close to tasting like it does at home. CLOSE, but not the same. It was arroy (delicious). This week we have not had a ton of fish, which has been nice. 

This Sabbath morning was very nice. Erika and I took a little trip on the moped into Chiang Mai. We went to get some yummy coffee, a tasty pastry, and have a nice little chat. It was really great! I enjoyed it very much. I enjoyed it so much that I took photos to share with all of you.  On the way home, it began to rain as it does most days. We contemplated pulling off as the Thai people do to let the storm finish, however we were already wet. Getting a little more wet wasn't going to cause us to melt. During service, there was a much larger storm. It lasted for about thirty minutes or so. Service was great. We had four special music songs today. One was in English, two were in Lahu and one was in Thai. There were all very beautiful. The sermon was entitled "Are You Smart?" by Dr. Howell.  It was talking about how in the world's eyes you may be considered smart, but focussing on on whether we were spiritually smart. It was pretty good sermon to get you thinking. Doing what God wants isn't always natural or our first instinct, but we need to look to Him. 



No Caption Necessary!



Erika ignoring me. :) She missed a call and needed to return it.



Quite happy! :)

One of things we generally do after dinner most of the days is play volley ball! It was a ton of fun. Due to the humidity factor most of the Americans sweat more than the Thai. This may be called volley ball, however we do not play by the correct rules most of the time. They do get the idea of rotating and do that most of the time, but it doesn't always happen. They use their feet and heads then I tell them it's not soccer. :) It is a blast! :) We play other sports, but as many of you know, this is one of my favorites.


Volley Ball Team A



Volley Ball Team B



This past week all of the teachers had to go in to get a health certificate saying we were healthy enough to stay in Thailand and teach. This was for our work permit. Well, all they did was take our weight, blood pressure, and temperature. They also checked our eyes, nose, ears, mouth, listened to our hearts and lungs and felt our stomachs. That was it! So I am happy to announce that I have a clean bill of health according to the country of Thailand and will be able to finish volunteering at Legacy. On mine and Erika's way back home, we stopped at a store that is similar to Costco or Walmart. We looked at helmets that are safer. I'm planning on purchasing one next time I'm in Chiang Mai. While we were checking them out, I decided to be silly and pull out my camera. Mainly because Erika wanted to see what she looked like. So you are going to blessed with seeing those photos. It was hilarious and I think was of the employees thought we were CRAZY ferang! That's okay! We had fun and now you can have some laughs. :) 


"Erika, ready to launch in space?"



"What up yo?"


"The two Space Cadets!"

Well, I think that's it for now. I hope you all are having a great day! I am still really enjoying your emails and notes. I always get a huge smile when I get emails. Keep them coming. I miss you all very much! Take Care! 

Much Love and Hugs,

Elainea 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a small apt/studio haha but you look to be managing just fine; and i know about the tropical humidity and the value of fans out there. don't you just love sweating non-stop (within the first week or two until you get acclimated), just sitting around, after a shower, and even in your sleep? i miss those days....joking. :) those are some heavy duty helmets, your precious noggins will be safe for sure.

joejoe

Site Meter