I hope this update finds you well and that you are having a great end to your weeks.
I miss you all very much! I think about you often. My thoughts and prayers are with each of you. As much as I miss everyone, I am thankful for the opportunity that God has given me to be here and the gifts that He has given. I am grateful that I am able to use them. I am continually amazed by God's goodness, mercy and His grace. I love my students very much. I am getting to know them more and more each day. I am having fun hearing their stories. They always seem to make me smile or laugh about something.
One of my students, Norah, has two girls who live here, too. They are absolutely adorable! Myulee is seven and Myula is five. They attend the school I teach at on Thursday mornings. It's fun to see them there. I think they get popularity points for knowing the American teacher. :) It make me laugh a little bit. The girls love to play. They will come to me and say, "Aj. Lainea, I want to play!" It's difficult to say, "no." Sometimes I must, but I do give in most of the time. Playing consists of me chasing them all over the place. It's great fun!
Miss Attitude!
Norah and the girls.

Playing around with my camera.

She made me laugh really hard! :)
All of the students are continuing to progress greatly in all of their classes. The first year students are speaking more and more English. It's so exciting to see them grow academically! Teaching the first year students Bible is still a big challenge, but it is getting easier as they learn English and I learn how to teach them. It's quite a challenge, but it makes overcoming it so much more sweet. I continue to enjoy teaching very much. I am loving everything about it! It's fun to see the four years of studying are being put to use!
This week we taught the students how to play American football. It was so much fun! The field was wet from the rain earlier that day. Most of the guys have spikes for soccer so they wore them. But for those of us who didn't, we were slipping and sliding in the mud! It was hilarious! I was covered in mud, sorry no photo. I'll leave it to your imaginations! The people in the village were laughing at me as I walked back to my apartment. (As if I don't stand out like a sore thumb already!)
Please continue to keep me in your prayers. They are greatly appreciated!
I think that's all for now. I hope you're doing well. Have a fabulous weekend!
With hugs and love,
Lainy
4 comments:
It sounds like you are having so much fun!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo. I have to say though...we miss you :) Keep the updates and pics coming :) Happy Sabbath!
Andrea
Hey Elainea,
I love your updates--keep them up! It is so inspiring to read about the work you are doing and God's hand working so obviously in your life. I am glad that you are enjoying your time. Love and miss you! Happy Sabbath!
Mel
the children are helping you bring out the kid in you again, which is great. what's also great is the work you're putting forth is having noticeably positive effects on the students, making it all the worthwhile. keep up the good work lainea.
joe
Hi Elainea.
It's so great that you are keeping this blog. I enjoy getting your updates, and am glad you are having such a rewarding time. We are keeping you in our prayers. Keep up the great work, and keep having fun!
James Capo
Post a Comment