Greetings from the other side of the world!!
I hope you are all doing well! I can hardly believe that I have been in Thailand for one whole month! It's kind of crazy to think about it! If the next eight months flies by as quickly as this one has, I am going to be back in the States before I know it. Sometimes when I am walking to my apartment, I am still amazed by the fact that I am actually in Thailand. I'm not sure if that'll ever truly sink in.
I love teaching very much! It's been a lot of fun. It's exciting to see the lights go on when they understand something that I've been trying to teach. I'm sure all of you teachers can definitely understand that. It's one of the best feelings in the world. I have always heard people say to find what you love to do for work and you'll have a much happier life. It is so true. When I am getting ready for my lessons, it takes a ton of work (it's not easy by any means), but it's not dreaded work. I absolutely love it. It's also an amazing feeling to know I'm right where God wants me. To know that I have the opportunity to share God's love by teaching those who may not otherwise have the chance to get an education, is such an amazing experience that goes beyond the description of words. I feel very blessed to be able to have the opportunity to serve in Thailand. Knowing I have an amazing support team at home, praying for me, thinking about me, supporting me and sending me emails now and again is priceless. Thank you all so much!
Here is a photo of me teaching my Bible class. I'm Ajan Elainea.
(Some of you may have seen this on Facebook.)
Outside of the teachers' house, there are some beautiful flowers. They are called 8 o'clock Flowers. They make me smile. They were some when I first got here and then the blooms died. Last weekend there was a pretty hard rain and the next morning there were so many more than there were when I first got here. I took a photo this time because I wanted to share it with you. I think they are very pretty. One of God's little gifts to us. :)
Aren't they pretty?
Wednesday we went to dinner at the Duke's. It was quite delicious. It was partly a goodbye party as well. One of the other teachers here also teaches in Kansas. He had a team come to teach in a couple of villages. WIth them, came his TA who became pretty good friends with us. Anyway, he was off to another adventure in Korea. After dinner, we wanted to do something else. There were a few ideas floating around so who else, but the Americans got on their phones to try and figure out a couple of ideas. I thought it was an amusing sight so I took a photo.
Can you spot the Americans?
Riding home from dinner in the back of the truck with the ESU students.
All of you know of my love for geckos. :) Well, they are growing on me. Sometimes they still startle me when I'm not expecting it. (I still do not like them in the shower!) The other night they were a couple of geckos above my desk on the light and it was a really funny sight! So I'm sharing it with you.
My new companions?
One more funny story before I close. So, I had to go get copies for my class. It's at this little shop in the village. While I was waiting for her to finish copying the papers, I hear this noise and I turn around and I see this guy who is pretty high, but I only see his head. So I automatically thought that it was a guy on a horse. But oh no! It was a guy on an elephant! It was hilarious to see someone riding an elephant down the street.
Alrighty, I hope you all are doing well. I love all of you dearly and miss you very much.
Hugs and Love,
Aj. Elainea
3 comments:
Sounds like you are having tons of fun over there!! Glad to hear it. I was finally able to sit down and read all your blogs yesterday. It was the first time I have been able to. Things have been crazy around here with getting used to being married, trying to get our apartment in order and looking for a new job. I feel that I am at a stand still at times. I can't believe that you have been there a month already and you know what that means? It means I have been married for a month already, craziness!! It's still amazing to think that I am married. Sometimes I am not sure that is really happened or how I got here but I love it!! I really enjoy seeing all your pictures. You look truly happy in all of them which I know you are. I miss you and love you dearly and am praying for you!!! *muah*
~Holly
geico is starting to go door to door (or ceiling to shower) now? sneaky sneaky.
i wish i could stick to walls....
joe
So glad that you're having a good time over there :) I love reading your updates!
~Andrew
Post a Comment