Sa baay dee mai? Wang sa baay dee!
Let's see if you can figure out what I've said! :) I will translate the title of my blog, though.
This evening I went to the doctor. It's been four months since my accident. It's been a good four months. TRYING, but good. I am thankful for the experiences and lessons that I've learned. I pray that I will not forget them. I hope that they have molded me into a better person. I know I have a completely different outlook on life. I am much more okay with asking others for help instead of being a I can do it myself person and if someone offers, it usually means they want to help. :) All part of lessons learned. The other day when I was journaling, I was actually able to be thankful for my crutches. Hmmm... 4 months ago I would NOT have said that! One of my prayers prior to coming to Thailand and I continue to pray is that God would cause me to grow and be stretched. The crazy thing about this prayer is that we like to put limitations on how we would like to be grown and stretched. We would prefer it be on our timetable and in the which we think is best. Well, the LORD usually has a different agenda and it's usually much, much better than we could have expected or even fathomed. So, I think I've been stretched in ways and grown- ways that I didn't expect that's for sure! Soooo all that said to tell you that, I am now able to walk crutch free!!!!! I am so thankful! God is so good. He's the amazing physician. My doctor seemed kind of shocked to see how well the bone has healed. I told Erika, "I know why! I have the BEST doctor!" :) God has blessed me tremendously even through the ordeals and trials that came with the broken leg and crutches, there were many, many blessings. We went out to dinner after we finally got to see the doctor and when we got ready to leave I went to grab my crutches! Oh that's right! I don't need them. This has happened quite a few times in the past few hours. I need to work on my posture!!!!! AHH!! I know my mom would be telling me, "Stand up straight, young lady!" After having hunched over crutches for four months, this is going to be tough. I ask the doctor about sports and he said that I should be able to not too intensely, but in 2 more months, I should be as good as new! I think I might still be staying away from football for a while. I can take the metal out in 11/2 -2 years and it has about a month recovery time.
Now a couple of stories!!
When I got home, one of my students came to the door and she had something in her hand. I started to walk toward the door and I nearly thought she was going to fall backward seeing me walk without my crutches! She said, "Oh Ajan! You can walk!?!?" It was quite funny! She had the two little ones, Myulee and Myula with her. Fon had to sit down. The youngest Myula ran to find her mom and as she ran out the door, she yelled, "Aj. Elainea dai deern!!!!" She did this a couple of times. She was saying as I'm sure you can guess, "She can walk!!!" I couldn't help, but laugh. It was so sweet though. They were all so happy. They were shocked and sad when I came home on crutches. They were just as EXCITED to see me off of crutches! It was really sweet.
I am still pondering getting a t-shirt made as a souvenir that says, "Yes, I broke my leg in Thailand on a motorbike. Yes, I have crutches. Yes, I am a Farang!"
Other than my BIG news, this week has gone smoothly and everyone is looking forward to graduation. It's about a month away and you know what that means! Yes, I'll be home in a little over a month! Time sure does fly! I know, I know, I've said that a million times, but it's true!
A verse that has been on my mind lately, that I want to leaver you with is Proverbs 3:5&6 "Trust in the LORD with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." In this time of uncertainty, economic struggles, and just everyday life stuff, it's nice to know that we don't have to try and understand everything. We just need to be our trust in God, have faith, and continue to walk in the ways He leads wherever that may be. It's doesn't matter how big the step. He'll be there right by our side. It's really reassuring.
Happy Sabbath! A most assuredly happy one it is. So nice to rest after a week full of classes.
Sending Love and Hugs from Beautiful Mae Sa Luang,
Lainy J.
5 comments:
One of my favorite scriptures. :-)
So happy for your good news!!! Your story was sweet - Isn't it touching to see how excited others can be for you? So, crutch-free photos to come, perhaps? ;-)
Happy Sabbath, to you too!
Hugs, ML
Great to hear the good news that you are back on your feet again! That makes going into the Sabbath extra special this evening. I've been so impressed with your positive and faithful attitude through this; it really helps to see God's love and lessons for us. And, it's the Challenger II way! Ha! So, rock climbing again in a couple of more months? BTW, Prov3:5-6 is Nancy's favorite scripture. Happy Sabbath!
Thanks for that, Elainea. Your joyfulness was just what I needed to hear today. God is so good!
awesome news and congrats, but above all great thanks to the Doctor Himself haha. wonderful to hear the recovery went far better than expected, a visible sign to the doctors and witnesses assuredly.
i'm sure that first game of unassisted bowling felt like the best game ever right, right? :)
keep up the good work and if all goes well, see you in a few months as good as new!
joejoe
Good to see you so upbeat!
Post a Comment