I hope this finds you well!
Our first of classes went well. It was full of teaching and many projects, but overall everything went fairly smoothly. I was even observed by a student from the university that Erika attends for an assignment she has to do. It went better than I expected, which was nice. Friday I played a movie in my class so the students can compare the movie and the book. Well, I thought all would go well, but technology and Thailand never work quite right! It took about 30 minutes finally figuring out a way to get it to work for various reasons. In then end the students crowded around my laptop and watched the movie. It was pretty comical to see. My first year Bible class gave presentations yesterday on their favorite Bible character that we've talked about so far in class. Hannah, Noah, Solomon, Samson and David were the people they chose. I was really impressed. :) It's sooo EXCITING being able to see how much they have grown in their English abilities. On Friday nights, we used to have what we called thanksgiving. I think I've written about this before, but in case I haven't... we sit in a circle and we around and tell what we are thankful for that week. It could be one thing or it could be ten things. At the end, the person leading it takes prayer requests. I'm explaining all of this to tell you that I think part of the reason the first year students are doing so well is that they would faithfully ask every Friday night to be prayed for and the God would help them learn English.
Last night we had a really good Bible study. It was on unclean and clean meats. The person giving the Bible study always has a tough job. By the time Friday evening rolls around, everyone is pretty tired after a full week.
I still think the weather here is quite chilly in the early morning and at night. I have added a third quilt to my bedding. It's kind of strange especially when I think about the weather when I first got here. I only used a sheet and no blanket. It was that warm and now I'm using 3 blankets and sleeping in sweats! Kind of Crazy!
This week I went and met with the director of a Field Based TESOL (Teaching English to Speaker of Other Languages) at APU. I am planning on applying and hoping to get accepted for this next year. We shall see. I think it will help as a teacher in general, but will really help me here at Legacy. They meet for classes twice a year in LA and in Chiang Mai. So that aspect seems perfect. They assign you work and you email it to your professors. I will still be able to teach here at Legacy and do the work for the program, when I'm not working on Legacy things. I think it will be really good. I am still in the process of applying so I don't know anything yet. If you could keep me in your prayers regarding this, that would be great.
Okay, I promised I would put up some photos from my bday and here they are...
Aren't my shoes absolutely LOVELY! I think they match quite well! Ben decided to jump in the photo!
This one makes me laugh really, really hard! Nathan bowling with his helmet on. It was sitting on the table and I said, "Oh! You should bowl with it on." I think the Thais thought we were nuts.



Me bowling and Miss Erika helping. :)
I was winning! So I had to take a photo because that changed quickly. I think I had a pretty good excuse though! :) I'm EH... the computer messed up when they were typing in the names.
My beautiful shoes and oh so swollen leg. :(
Okay, that's all for now. Keep all of us in your prayers!
Lots of Love,
Lainy
1 comment:
It is so nice to see you are doing so well after the accident. Also, that you have found in teaching a wonderful vocation... and even better, you are teaching Bible principles and God's way of life.
Take good care... and stay warm during these cold days. Say HI to your students!
Ruben H. Lujan
Post a Comment