It's 2009! It's hard to believe! Time surely does fly by quickly! I hope that everyone's year has started off well. We went to the Sexton's son and daughter in law's to ring in the New Year. We had yummy Thai food, Thai hospitality, karaoke and there was a gift exchange. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to get out of Mae Sa Luang too. In the gift exchange, which was like a white elephant gift exchange with a little spin on it, I received a wall decoration with elephants on it. I think I faired pretty well.
I didn't make too many New Year Resolutions. I have a couple... 1. Walk without crutches at some point this year. (Maybe, I'll burn them! Or should I keep them for a souvenir?) 2. Read through the Bible in a year. Mr. Drawbaugh gave the people in the Doctrines Class a Bible Reading plan for one year. I think it's a great idea!
This week has been fairly productive. I'm getting things on my to do list checked off, which is nice. Erika, Ben and I are heading to Chiang Rai, which is north of Chiang Mai to cross over the Myanmar border on Sunday. I can stay in the country another month before HAVING to leave, but we're on break and it would be good to get my passport stamped and then I'll be good until I fly home in 2 months from today!!! I'll take photos and post them when I return. Prayers for traveling safety would be appreciated.

Here is a map of Thailand. You can see where I'll be going. We'll take a bus from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai. Then we'll take a bus from Chiang Rai to Myanmar (Burma).
We have one week of break left and then life will pretty intense until graduation. There is still a lot to do before school starts. Prayers for the teachers, students and staff would be appreciated as always.
I think that's all for now.
All of you in Westmorland, I hope you have a great time this weekend! I'll miss being there.
I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for your notes and prayers.
Love and Hugs,
Lainy
2 comments:
show us what we're missing in burma alright! and it's good to get the visa updated, as i was in a sticky situation on my bus ride from the netherlands to germany. i'll have to explain later as it's too long for here. anyways, best wishes to you in WARM burma from cold and beautiful prague haha!
joe
Vacations are so wonderful. Hope yours is awesome and that you come back rested and ready to face the new semester.
Post a Comment